Monday, January 10, 2011

First Snow Coats Our Small World

This is one of my favorite pictures. It's of Molly, our English Springer Spaniel, whom we had to put down at two years-old from a tumor in her liver.  She loved the snow!  This picture was of her first time in snow.  It wasn't a heavy snow, two to three inches at most, but she felt right at home from her first frolic.  Chloe, our new Springer, has had a couple of years in the snow, and, much like Molly did, she loves to run, jump, burrow, and roll in the snow.  I just don't have any pictures of Chloe in the snow! My wife took this picture; it made the local television news as a picture of the day.  She comes from a family of photographers.  Both her father and brother have a great eye for the world, but I believe my wife occasionally gives them some valid competition. 

**********

Nothing can match the quiet of snow fall, but once it's stopped you can hear everything around you more clearly. 

**********

Favorite snow poem:  "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost

**********

Two snow memories:  watching a calf being born; my first child making her first snow angel.

1 comment:

  1. Here via John B.

    I've turned 50 (last year) and have had doctors decide that my tookus is of paramount interest. Frankly, that sucks.

    Fortunately, I've got a beautiful spouse and three wonderful kids to temper the pain.

    Cheers, and I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete