Monday, February 21, 2011

Building Relations

Rocky Z.  A new face to me, and yet another example of how the world grows smaller.  Let's see if we can follow the seven-degrees of Kevin Bacon... my youngest daughter meets a new girl during summer volleyball camp and they become good friends...her mother is the new high school principal; her father a middle school science teacher and wrestling coach...we all become acquainted during volleyball season and help each other shuttling the girls to practices and tournaments...one day I'm talking about my chair project and her dad says "I've got a brother who does upholstery"...tonight I finalize the look and design of the leather cushions for my Morris chair with Rocky, her dad's brother.  Hey, that was less than seven, and we didn't even need Kevin Bacon!

Yup...an end in sight with my chair.  I was very much hoping to have the chair done, in the house, and me sitting in it by this coming Sunday.  Looks like that might be happening.  But in gaining a chair, we're losing one to my youngest son who's soon to be branching out on his own.  He's moving in to a house with my son-i-law's brother.  They've both done a great deal of work on a house that still needs some tender loving care, but these are the two who have the patience to do exactly that.  I'm pride of the fact that my son has done the work he has; it's just a bit sad that he hasn't asked my advice or help as much as I hoped he would.  But that's what a young man who's maturing will do; he'll take things into his own hands and get things done.

I was very much the same way; I understand it.  I'm proud of him, but can he make a chair?

No comments:

Post a Comment