Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cold Nights Redux

Largest winter storm that I can remember in a while.

Best winter storm...1971 March.  We had gone to church that morning, and for some reason my mother decided to drive (we lived a block from the church and usually walked).  During Sunday School it began snowing lightly; an hour later when church began, the snow fell heavily.  By the time we left church and drove home, our Pontiac station wagon got high centered in the driveway!  We were out of school for three days - unheard of in my memory.

My dad had been working that Sunday and had to stay with an employee in Wichita for two days.  My sisters and I enjoyed the "hill" of snow that the bulldozer pushed to the middle of the block from both intersections.  It appeared an immense hill for play; I'm sure it was only eight to ten feet tall.  Mom made cinnamon rolls, and Mrs. White at the end of the block had a baby at her house - the ambulance became stuck and the medics had to walk to the house.

-------

Updates on the projects tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment